The Privacy Act 2020 (Act) sets out thirteen privacy principles (Principles) which establish rules for the collection, storage, security, accuracy, use and disclosure of personal information, as well as an individual’s rights to access, and correct, personal information. Kiwi Property is committed to compliance with the Principles and the Act and to protecting your information.
Collection of information
Information will only be collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or activity carried out by Kiwi Property. The personal information we may collect includes (but is not limited to) your:
- name, contact details, DOB;
- Facebook public profile page details;
- vehicle licence number, and vehicle location and movements on our properties, properties we manage and in public areas to which we have visibility;
- location and movements in public areas;
- phone conversations with our staff (which may be recorded);
- information from retailers and other businesses that operate within our properties or properties we manage; and
- your written communications with us.
Please be aware that we collect some of this personal information through CCTV cameras and automatic number plate recognition cameras.
We may also collect your personal information when you complete a form, engage with our business pages on social media or otherwise make an enquiry via the website. We may also collect your personal information from retailers and other businesses operating in our properties or properties we manage.
For statistical purposes, we also collect information on website activity (such as the number of users who visit our website, the date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what country users have accessed the website from and what systems users have used to access the website and, when entering our website from another website, the address of that website) through the use of ‘cookies’. This information on its own does not identify an individual but it does provide us with statistics that can be used to analyse and improve our website.
Email marketing will only be sent to your email address if you have given your consent. You may unsubscribe to any email marketing message at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in the message.
When transmitting information over the internet (including via email), you should be aware and remember that the internet is not a secure environment, and such information is therefore susceptible to loss, interception or alteration while in transit. We accept no responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
Use of information
- to process transactions and administer your account;
- to help us develop, market, improve, manage, administer and facilitate our services and operations and those of our business partners;
- for internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing);
- as part of the prevention, detection, investigation and analysis of incidents and offences in and around our properties and properties we manage;
- for us or our commercial partners to notify you of services, special offers, opportunities, products or benefits which are being offered by Kiwi Property or any of our commercial partners or associated organisations; and
- to conduct market research and to promote and market our, or our commercial partners’, products and services.
By providing us with your email address and/or mobile phone number, you consent to us sending you information connected with the above collection and use purposes via email or text message. We may also send you newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in and which may market and promote our products and services, or the products and services of other parties we think you may be interested in. The messages you receive from us will have instructions on how you can remove yourself from our mailing list.
Some uses of your personal information may involve the transfer of that information outside of New Zealand, to be held and used by our related companies and commercial partners.
Storage of information
Kiwi Property will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that all personal information is securely protected against loss, unauthorised access and other misuse. We have a range of physical and technology policies in place to provide a robust security environment. We ensure the on-going adequacy of these measures by regularly reviewing them.
We may use the information you have provided us to inform our promotional and marketing strategies, as well as for research and profiling purposes including customer demographics, interests and behaviours. You further acknowledge that, to the extent permitted by law, we may share any personal information collected from you with third parties for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes.
We will not disclose your personal information to other people or agencies except where:
- you have authorised such disclosure;
- disclosure is required by our contractors (for the purposes of the services they provide), so that we can complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you have requested;
- disclosure is to a law enforcement agency that is entitled to such information under its statutory powers;
- we are required to provide the information by law;
- disclosure is required for safety and security and information assurance purposes;
- disclosure was the purpose of collecting the information;
- disclosure is required to facilitate the sale, disposal, assignment or transfer of Kiwi Property or any of its assets or subsidiaries or related companies;
- disclosure is necessary to market, review or improve our services or facilities or those of our business partners;
- disclosure is necessary for third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you and to optimise the advertisements on our websites;
- it is necessary for a function of Kiwi Property, such as for legal or auditing purposes.
In particular, you specifically authorise us to disclose information we have collected from CCTV or automatic number plate recognition cameras at our properties and properties we manage to law enforcement agencies for the purposes of prevention, detection, investigation and analysis of incidents or offences in and around our properties and properties we manage. This may also include law enforcement agencies having real-time access to live feeds of CCTV cameras at our properties and properties we manage.
Kiwi Property will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held by us is accurate. You have the right at any stage to request us to provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. We will respond to any request by you to correct personal information held about you as soon as practicable following receipt of such request. All requests of this nature should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Website and credit card security
We want you to have a safe and secure shopping experience online. All payments via the website are processed using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol, whereby sensitive information is encrypted to protect your privacy.
To help protect your details from unauthorised access, please close your browser each time you finish using the website, particularly if you are doing so from a public or shared computer.
If you would like more information about privacy in general, please refer to the Privacy Commissioner’s website: privacy.org.nz