What is the e-Gift Card Registry?
In Alert Level 3 and 4 Kiwi Property Shopping Centres are closed. You can still send an e-Gift Card by email but the recipient will not be able to pick up the card until your local Kiwi Property Shopping Centre reopens in Alert Level 2.
The e-Gift Card Registry allows multiple people to contribute towards an e-Gift Card to a maximum value of $4999. You can invite people to contribute via email, a link or via Facebook. Each person can provide the recipient a personalised message.
The recipient of the e-Gift Card Registry will receive an email that contains a list of participants, their personal messages as well as details of the value of the Gift Card they are receiving and most importantly, a redemption code.
The recipient takes the redemption code to the Customer Service Desk of their favourite Kiwi Property Shopping Centre (a list of participating centres can be found here) and shows proof of ID (drivers licence, passport, proof of age card are fine). If the recipient is under 18 an adult will need to pick up the card for them. They will receive a Kiwi Property Gift Card, to the value nominated, that they can use at over 800 stores nationwide.
How do I set up an e-Gift Card Registry?
It’s really simple
- Register your details – the person creating the e-Gift Card Registry is known as the contributor. You can register using email or sign in with Facebook. You only have to register once and then just sign on whenever you want to send an e-Gift Card or create an e-Gift Card Registry in future.
Now you are all set to create an e–Gift Card Registry
- Enter the details of the person you want to create the e-Gift Card Registry for – they will be known as the recipient. You will need
- The event name e.g.: Mum’s Birthday
- The recipient’s first name and last name
- An email address. If you want to send the e-Gift Card direct to the recipient then make sure you add their address. If you want to send the redemption email to yourself so you can wrap it or put it in a card then just put your own email address here
- Recipient’s mobile
- You can then add a personalised message for the recipient
- Set a cut off time for the contributions to the e-Gift Card Registry and a date and time for the e-Gift Card to be delivered. It will be delivered to the email address you have entered into the recipient details. You can also set a reminder to those you are asking to contribute
- You then add the value you want to contribute to the card. For each contributor the minimum amount is $10, the maximum is $1,000 with the total contributions of e-Gift Card totaling up to $4999. If you would prefer not to share what you have contributed with the group then you can hide your contribution. The recipient will still see your personal message but not the amount of your contribution
- You will then see a summary of all the information for you to check. If this is all correct then proceed to payment where you will be taken to a secure, external payment site
- Once payment is complete you have the option to invite people to contribute. You can invite people to contribute via email, a link or via Facebook.
I've been invited to contribute to an e-Gift Card Registry?
You have received an invite to contribute via email, a link or Facebook. What do you need to do next.
It’s really simple
- Click on the link provided in your invitation to contribute
- Add the value you want to contribute. For each contributor the minimum amount is $10, the maximum is $1,000 with the total contributions of e-Gift Card totalling up to $4999. If you would prefer not to share what you have contributed with the group then you can hide your contribution. The recipient will still see your personal message but not the amount of your contribution
- You need to enter your name and email address so the recipient will know who has made the contribution
- Enter the payment details and it’s all done